Spring has sprung! Enjoy this refreshing salad as a side or on its own for a healthy entrée! This recipe is shared from our Culinary Director, Michael Atwater, at Ansel Park Independent Living.
- 4 heads of watercress
- 1 fuji apple
- 1 black radish
- ½ fennel bulb (Reserve a single fennel frond to top the salad with.)
- ¼ cup of vinaigrette of your choice – we used raspberry.
- ¼ gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ¼ dried cherries
- ¼ crispy crumbled bacon
- Pull leaves from watercress, wash and dry well.
- Thinly slice apple, black radish and fennel and place in a bowl together.
- Add your vinaigrette to the bowl with the apple, radish and fennel.
- Place watercress in center of plate, add the mixture from the bowl.
- Garnish with the dried cherries, gorgonzola cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Place fennel frond on top to complete.