Everyone is a little bit Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, right? This holiday is celebrated annually on March 17, the anniversary of St. Patrick’s death in the fifth century. The Irish have observed this day as a religious holiday for over 1,000 years. On St. Patrick’s Day, which falls during the Christian season of Lent, Irish families would traditionally attend church in the morning and celebrate in the afternoon. Lenten prohibitions against the consumption of meat were waived and people would dance, drink and feast–on the traditional meal of Irish bacon and cabbage.
Each year, we bring the same spirit of those festive celebrations into our Sagora Senior Living communities. Our residents enjoy a feast, green beverages, dancing and all things Irish! Check out some of our 2021 St. Patrick’s Day celebrations below!
- Landon Ridge Alamo Ranch Independent Living in San Antonio, Texas turned everything green at their Lucky Us bash. We love the fun outfits and photo props!
- Adante Assisted Living and Memory Care in San Antonio, Texas got their green on with sweets, drinks and décor! You can just feel the vibrant energy in these photos!
- At The Brennity at Vero Beach in Vero Beach, Florida, our residents enjoyed a courtyard shamrock workout, Patrick the bagpiper playing through the dining room at lunch time and green beer for happy hour!
- The Veraden in Edmond, Oklahoma truly got into the Irish spirit! Our residents painted leprechaun hats, participated in a pot of gold scavenger hunt with sweet rewards to those who found the pots and enjoyed a dinner with corn beef cabbage rolls and green beer!
- At Waterview The Point Independent Living in Granbury, Texas, everyone got all decked-out in green for a very festive party! The community turned their wine green, served Irish nachos and green pistachio/M&M cookies, along with a special green Pineapple Rum punch. They ate, drank, played Irish music, danced, and sang “Oh, Danny Boy”, and just had a grand old time!
We had so much fun this year that we already can’t wait for next year’s celebration!