Recipe by Ryan Pryor, The Veraden Culinary Director.
1.5 lbs. Ground Beef .5 lbs. Ground Pork
1.5 lbs. Diced Tomatoes 14 oz. Tomato Paste
1.5 lbs. Lasagna Pasta 1 cup Chopped Onion
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder 1 tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1.5 qt. Water 1.5 tbsp. Basil
1.5 tbsp. Oregano 1.5 tsp. Marjoram
.5 tsp. Thyme 1.5 tsp. Black Pepper
1.25 lbs. Ricotta 1.25 lbs. Mozzarella
3 qt. Water 1 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1. Preheat Oven to 350°F.
2. Mix dry seasonings together.
3. In large stock pot/skillet brown ground beef and ground pork. Drain. Add onions and dry season mix. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, water & bring to boil. Reduce heat. Let the liquid reduce ensure meat cooks to 155°F then remove from heat.
5. Bring 3 gallons of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 15 minutes, or until noodles are “al dente.”
6. Drain noodles in a colander and toss with olive oil.
7. Assemble lasagna as follows: Using standard 12″x20″x2″ lightly greased hotel pans.
8. Layer Pasta lengthwise, ricotta cheese, meat sauce, mozzarella cheese, pasta crosswise, ricotta cheese, meat sauce, mozzarella cheese.
9. Cover pans tightly with aluminum foil, bake in the 350°F oven for 45 minutes until internal temperature is 165°F.
10. Remove pans, uncover, & allow to rest for 15 min before serving, hold at 135°F.